Wednesday 25 September 2013

Portpatrick Hotel Par 3 Course - Course no 618

I'd arranged to stay at a local Bed and Breakfast place in Portpatrick after my game at Lagganmore on 23 September 2013, almost next door to the imposing and rather grand looking Portpatrick Hotel that dominates the skyline of this little village. Polly and I had noticed on a previous visit to the village (en route to a golfing holiday to Ireland) that the hotel had a 9 hole Par 3 Course.  I played this little course before retiring to the comforts of the nearby Crown Hotel (great beer and food, by the way!)


There's little positive to say about this Par 3 Course other than that I went round in 31 strokes, with 16 putts.  The course is quite hilly, with very poor greens that made putting a lottery.  The same "temporary" flimsy photocopy scorecard that I was given on my previous visit 2 years ago was still in use.  The course clearly suffered from drainage problems and was boggy in parts. Here are a couple of views of the course.  First, the 1st green - one of the best, which isn't saying a lot.  Next, a general view of the course from the 5th green, looking back down to the hotel.  The hotel itself looked pretty good, but I wouldn't want to try this little course again.  Once was enough, to satisfy the ambition to play every Scottish course.


No comments:

Post a Comment