Tuesday 31 May 2011

Brucefields Family Golf Centre - Par 3 Course - Course no 409

I played the Par 3 Course at Brucefields on 31 May 2011 immediately after my round over the Main Course.  The  Course has 9 Par 3 holes ranging from 64 to 132 yards and as I'd expected, tiny greens requiring accuracy at all times.  This is the 100 yard uphill 1st hole, looking back down to the Clubhouse.  The greens were also much faster than on the Main Course as they had not been tined.  Although I went round in 29, or 3 under net par, with only 10 putts, I had to rely on good lob wedges and pitches.  Although I hit most greens, none of my tee shots held them.

The course was also quite tight, as this photo of the 78 yard 7th hole suggests.  This hole was also exposed to the awkward crosswind and I should have played a low punch with my 8 or 9 iron.  Instead, I tried my sand iron, but came up short, so wrong club selection there.   I birdied the 4th and had 3 bogeys (including the 7th).   This is a really good course for practising the short game, especially if like me you miss all of the tiny greens from the tee!  Great fun, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment